A guest student may be defined as either:
- a student enrolled at another institution yet wishes to take courses at Kent State University to be transferred back to their "parent" institution
- a student who wants to take a limited number of courses for credit and has no interest in pursuing a degree. Oftentimes, a guest student wants to take courses for personal enrichment.
Guest students should note:
- Paperwork must be completed one semester prior to enrollment of the visited institution, and must be completed for each semester you will be a guest student
- You must have earned a high school diploma, a GED certificate or the equivalent
- You do not have to provide transcripts or pay an admission fee
- You can attempt a maximum of 18 hours of Kent State University credit as a guest student
- If you are a Kent State University student and will be taking classes at another university, and would like to use your financial aid, you will need to complete an Ad Hoc Consortium Agreement (available in the Student Financial Aid Office).
- If you are a visiting student to Kent State University and would like to be considered for financial aid, please contact your home school's financial aid office to determine if they will award you financial aid.
- You must apply for regular admission if you wish to pursue a degree or continue beyond the 18 credit hour limit
- You are not eligible to apply as a guest student if you have been denied admission to a degree program at Kent State
PLEASE CONTACT FINANCIAL AID TO ARRANGE TUITION PAYMENT
|Kent State University at East Liverpool ~ 330-385-3805||Kent State University at Salem ~ 330-332-0361|
Once you've been admitted, you will receive your Kent State University FlashLine user ID and password in the mail. You will log into FlashLine and access Student Tools to register your classes.